Saturday, April 22, 2006

Spring is Sprung...


...the grass is ris. So much so that Royden got to use his new lawnmower for the first time today. Lucky him. I've been on a bit of a feminist bent since we bought this house together. I've noticed that since we have become homeowners the majority of our new mail comes addressed to Royden only, even though my name does happen to appear on the title. Things like new utility bills, coupons to the grocery store etc. This perturbs me greatly and I have complained loudly about it to him and to the various bank and utility companies I have called to get this situation rectified. I have had varying degrees of success with this endeavor, even after adopting Royden's brilliant strategy of being nice as opposed to annoyed on the phone:). So you would think that this feminist ideology of joint ownership and responsibility would continue right through the whole of our life together. You would be wrong. The lawn and mower are his. I did however provoke him to anger when offering my opinion (read insistance) about which brand of mower to get.



Royden has some new talents that I had yet to discover in the past 10+ years of knowing him. Note in the above photograph his close proximity to an open tool box. I know you too are amazed. So my lovely husband used those tools (in fact he has used various tools in the last six hours that I hardly imagined he knew existed) to install our new hose reel. I guess I'll help water the lawn.



Royden, as impressed with his handiwork as I. Dads be proud! However you will notice in this picture what is still clutched in is left hand. Nope that's not a power tool you're seeing. A true artist at work. An artist AND a handyman...now that's what I call sexy!



So I got ahold of the camera today in an attempt to live up to my better half's photograpy skills. I thought this shot was very creative...Royden thought it was funny. He did like the rest though, so here's a little sampling of what else I shot today.

This fat bee has been buzzing around this bush all week!

This is a blossom from the ugly apple tree in our front yard...I had a feeling the tortured looking thing would produce beautiful blossoms which would prevent me from chopping it down. The season here is about a month ahead of home, all these flowers were in bloom at our wedding and our anniversary is still a month away.

Happy SPRING!

6 comments:

David and Kristy said...

Nice pics but you left us hanging about what kind of lawnmower you got!

Anonymous said...

Hi Royden and Ruth,

Ruth I love your blog update. Royden, as your mom, I am extremely proud of you for this and much more. Maybe you can talk your Dad into putting up one of those hose reels.

Ruth, the pictures are great. The flowers are beautiful. Are they all in your yard? No flowers here yet so we will continue to enjoy the pictures of yours.

Love you lots, Mom

Anonymous said...

Ruth, you take some mighty fine photos as well. Therefore you are an artist as too.
That new mower: It's probably a Volkswagen? That would keep Eric smiling. -Dad

TREEMAN said...

Great pics Ruth! Ah, the joys of home ownership...so, when we having a BBQ?

Karey Congo said...

hey nice home, we'll have to visit you guys sometime. Your blog's more creative than ours! It'a all about Hailey, check her out on our blog!

Joanne said...

Hey new home owners!!!
I love your flower pics, Ruth. Can't wait to come chill out at your new digs...I am trying to free up my schedule this weekend...I was thinking of you guys today because I am attempting to go rollerblading this afternoon and the last time I went was with you and Amy on Alci Island (sp.?)...was that like three years ago???
Love ya!!! Miss ya!!!
Joanne

ps. He refreshes and restores my life (Psalm 23:3).