
Ruth's parents came to visit this weekend. They came to see our new digs in Bothell, as well as save us from the depths of dish washing despair. Having a dish washer is a social status symbol you know. I feel like I can look people in the eye again. Ruth and I suffered for an entire week, bonding with each other at the kitchen sink as we washed dishes by hand. By hand! It was horrific. Thanks Dad.
The other reason they came was of course for the Spring Volkswagen meet in Puyallup. The meet consists of two distinct attractions. The swap meet, which mostly looks like this;

But then there's the show cars. And the show cars go like this;





Definitely a lot of fun. I've been to the show enough times now that I'm starting recognize faces. For those of you who haven't heard the story, when I asked for Eric for Ruth's hand in marriage I basically asked him what he'd like me to change in my life before I proposed, since I already knew that he wanted me to marry Ruth. He thought it over for a while before he asked me to sell my BMW and buy a volkswagen. I've driven a Jetta GLI ever since.

We can't thank you guys enough for taking a trip up here to work on our house. I can wield a pencil but I sure can't maneuver that reciprocating saw like Dad can. You are a clear blessing, and we thank God for you both. Ok, next set of parents; you're up!
2 comments:
I had never learned why you drive a VW. Good reason though :-) As always, love the pictures :-)
Once you've washed dishes by hand for 10 years, then we'll talk. :)
Post a Comment