Sunday, July 02, 2006

Hello summer!



We had record breaking heat in Seattle this week. It was a clear sign that summer is here. What a lot of Californians are figuring out is that Seattle has gorgeous hot summers. When they put that together with the affordable housing ( under half a million ) they move up. I can't complain I suppose. I'm sure they're helping drive up the value of our house. Welcome California!

This is another sure sign that it's summer...



We enjoyed a BBQ at Bothell Landing this past Thursday. Adam brought his croquet set and very serious game of croquet ensued. I had no idea that game could get so intense!



Good times.

This Saturday was a first for me. I cleaned the gutters for the first time on my first house. It was liberating experience (this time). I sat up on my roof and thanked God for the ability to buy this house. I kinda felt like a little king. An undeserved little king, but a little king nonetheless.

I also cleaned the bathroom skylight...



This Saturday..the first of July...is another important day. It's CANADA DAY!
There's only one way to celebrate Canada Day...



More BBQing!

Amy and Abraham came over tonight to help us celebrate the day that Queen Victoria gave us our independence on July 1st, 1867. There's a little Canadian history for you Americans.



Alright, one more thing...

I remember having one particularly strong desire as a young kid. Dad will remember this; I wanted so badly to see a spider spin his web. It seemed like I always saw finished webs when I walked around the farm, but I never saw a spider in the middle of spinning. My Dad said that they probably spun their webs in the early morning, so if I wanted to see it, I should get up early and go for a walk in the woods. I never did. I still don't get up early.

But today, 20-some years later, I saw a spider spinning a web in the front yard. It was as incredible as I had imagined as a kid.



Alright, I can check that off my childhood list.



More pictures coming after the fourth I'm sure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As usual love your blog & always wait with abated breath for the next chapter. Love you guys can't wait to see you.

Mom Nelson

Anonymous said...

Royden, about the spider spinning his web...check out www.dianna2.com
It has pictures of an interesting experiment that NASA did. They had spiders spinning webs under the influence of maruajuana and other drugs...one drug being CAFFEINE. Look it up on the website under Cali Tea. I just thought, wow those spiders are probably homeless now and looking for their next fix. Was that really necessary?
Thanks for the cool pictures...Happy Canada Day, EH!

Love ya, Joanne

Anonymous said...

Sorry, it's www.diana2.com

Jo Jo