




I couldn't help but include a shot of myself in this lineup...check out those gams! This is actually a re-creation of another photograph but sadly missing are: well traveled legs, baby bouncing legs and super sexy Californian legs. Trina and I really missed you girls-makes me sad to even think about it. I guess there's still Ali's wedding that we might all make it to yet. Trina and I danced up a storm at the reception but we were definitely short a few retired bar stars;).

Look at that gorgeous bride!

I got a little gutsy after the ceremony and decided that I definitely needed to publicly comment on the event that was transpiring. I couldn't give up this great opportunity to roast the bride-here are the words I spoke at the reception (after a few nerve calming glasses of fantastic homemade wine):
Aside from her relatives, I've known Trina longer than anyone else here. We met in kindergarten and it's shocking to me that we are now old enough to drive cars, live on our own and have husbands. Trina and I spent many many hours together over the last 21 years. Everyone always thought that she was the quiet one in our relationship but boy when she gets to know you she can talk your ear off! (A fact that I'm sure Buddy can attest to!) I can't tell you how many hours I spent in detention because of her note passing secret whispering antics. Our teachers always thought that she was the quiet angel who sat behind me in class but I knew the truth...she was the instigator! We discovered many things together over the years. Things like Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys (loved those double issues) and the longest possible way home from school. I'd like to say that we also discovered boys together but that would be a lie. Somehow the two of us have always been boy crazy. Whether we were making our barbie dolls participate in unmentionable activities, taking long walks past Victor Carter's house or trying to hide the book 'Forever' by Judy Blume from Mr. Shipmaker, boys were always on our mind. We were fully frustrated that WE weren't on THEIR'S! College changed all that of course. Trina, Loa and I spent about four years living, laughing and arguing with each other in Kamloops while attending UCC. We spent many hours at Aberdeen Mall together searching for the perfect bar shirt and predicting whether the crew would be at JJs or the Max that night. As time went on it became more and more difficult to convince Trina to come bar hopping with us. She was always mature for her age and outgrew the bar scene long before Loa or I had. However on the night of September 9, 2000 after much arm twisting she finally relented to come along to the Max with us. At the time we had no idea the impact that decision would have on her life. That was the night she met Buddy. Trina didn't usually take off at the club but that night she disappeared. After a short search Loa and I found her on the dance floor in a lip lock with Buddy Doane and they've been in love ever since. Here we are exactly six years later celebrating their wedding. Trina, you know that you have always been one of my closest friends and I am glad that if I can't walk beside you through the rest of life's adventures, Buddy can. My hope for both of us is that this new venture into marriage is better than we ever even dreamed it would be. Congratulations!









Last but not least...my favorite picture of the day:

We had a great time and left with full stomachs, tired feet and happy hearts!
5 comments:
This is how you two will be rich. It is from your photographs. These pictures are absolutely beautiful!!!
WOW! Great job you two! The pics are Amazing!
Wowee! Nice pictures Royden & Ruth. I like the one best with the John Deere backround.
Dad
I just want to say thanks for including l'il ol' me and me brand spanking new hubby in your blog. The pictures are fabulous and I'm looking forward to seeing more! I can't wait to see ALL of you guys at Ali's big do...hopefully soon:) Love you guys, and thanks again, Trina (and Buddy!)
The pictures are lovely!! I hope you two consider doing this for more than just a hobby.
Post a Comment