Since I read in the Times today that ipod sales have declined 16% in the past year, I thought it was high time to plug the product. Since we have been the proud owners of four ipods over the past four years and we're still hooked we're either idiots or the ipod is awesome. I say awesome, so awesome we've even bought one (or two!) for our parents.
Now I did complain to Royden upon the death of my old ipod last week that both my cassette player and cd player from my teenage years still worked fine and were each at least half the price of this new fangled device. He quickly came to Apple's defense and said "yeah, but those were nothing like the ipod". After getting generation...four??...I suppose I agree.
What's so cool? It's hot pink. Yes, take note people. I did not buy black. For once. Cool functions of the new ipod include: 1) A video screen on which I can play any movie or tv show I want (uh, if I'm willing to pay beaucoup bucks for said moving pictures) 2) The ability to plug the device into the eliptical trainer at the gym and watch these images on the bigger tv attached to the trainer (I am going to be so buff...and so broke!) 3) The genius playlist. How the heck does Apple know that a playlist featuring The Thieves, Massive Attack, Portishead, M83, Radiohead, Bjork & Rinocerose will make me feel like I died and went to heaven? So happy am I. 4) Shake to shuffle. Not sure if it's any easier than pressing 'next' but knowing my machine has a built in gyro makes me feel really techie.
My favorite old feature is of course the ability to podcast. This American Life, John Piper sermons, Radiolab and of course missed Mars Hill sermons top the podcast list. Perfect for the gym, weeding the garden or long drives home.
Hot date night tonight included coffee out (of course) and Royden giving me a lesson on how to shoot product photography with his fancy schmancy camera and flash. I am not so patient. Fingerprints, lint, bad angles, short cords, an illumination screen that keeps shutting off...geez!! Royden said I should try shooting reptiles that keep walking out of the shot.
The flowers are courtesy of my lust for spring. Instant gratification in pot.
3 comments:
Hi Ruth,
Love the hot pink and even us oldies love our ipod. How did we manage without them.
I am still getting use to my new toy from Dad. Now I can join the laptop bunch at family gatherings....or not.
I love the pictures of flowers. We will pray for an early Spring.
Love you, Mom Lepp
Ruth,
you find instant gratification in....pot? hmmm-maybe you need to be listening to more sermons and less Bjork.
love ya.
jojo
I love the flower pictures! And the Ipod is pretty cool too. :)
Post a Comment