
I love how blogs can make life appear so perfect. Sometimes while surfing I ask myself in disbelief 'is their life really that good'? Then I remind myself that we don't write about the bad stuff either. So in keeping with that tradition I won't tell you that I'm posting this at 2am because lately sleep doesn't come so easily. We won't discuss that my parents are getting a divorce, or that dad L has cancer or that we can't seem to get pregnant. We also won't divulge that Royden lost his job on Monday. Instead, we'll throw some photoshopped pictures up and fool you all into thinking that everything is a-ok.
Smiling happy people. Well, truth is we did have an good time together despite some of the details. I love how when the boys are together Nathan starts telling stories and Royden becomes more audience then comedian. I'm not sure if Amy was too into the calving stories though...she is due April 5th after all.
To celebrate dad's birthday we took him to Quail's Gate Winery in Kelowna. It's a beautiful property with a great view of Okanagan Lake. Royden and I celebrated our anniversary there two years ago and in May the grapevines are in full bloom and the lilacs make it smell like you died and went to heaven.
Our chilly family, minus 1.5. People that is...not celsius (but maybe that too!)
So, Happy Birthday dad. I'm thankful for you for many reasons and pray that we have many more celebrations together. Your life has allowed me the love of mine. You have been an excellent father to your own kids, and to me. Your love and compassion help to remind me that we have an even greater father in heaven, even when I'm tempted to doubt it.
Deuteronomy 1: 29-31 Then I said to you, "Do not be terrified... The LORD your God, who is going before you, will fight for you, as he did for you in Egypt before your very eyes, and in the desert. There you saw how the LORD your God carried you, as a father carries his son, all the way you went until you reached this place."
Hebrews 12:7 Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father?
Matthew 7:9 -11"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"
One other thing I'm thankful for right now is Red Letter. I can't resist posting the link:
http://www.marshillchurch.org/media/red-letter
If you only listen to one song listen to 'What Wonderous Love is This'. Maybe life isn't so sucky after all.
7 comments:
we love you guys, and loved spending time with the lepp parents back in november :)
Ruth & Royden . . .
My heart aches for you. Odd, eh . . . how life can be filled with such great things and such hard things all at the same time?
Good verses! God's love for us is good though that is hard to see sometimes.
With love,
Mark Engel
Salmon Arm, BC
ps - that is our favorite red letter song too... oh how it makes our hearts smile
Lepps, we love you and grieve with you as hard times have fallen. I don't believe that any of the stuff you are going through is a mistake or simply an unfortunate concoction of coincidence.
I won't claim to have even the slightest clue what God is doing in your lives, but I feel sure that his power will be made perfectly evident in your weakness. I don't mind plagiarizing the apostle Paul because something tells me that he knew much more about that than we do.
We love you guys and we'll be praying fervently for God to give you the strength to suffer well and endure as his elect.
We love you Lepps too and are so thankful to have you in our lives, and are excited to see how God is working out his plan in your lives. Thanks for being real on your blog even with life isn't going the way you may have wanted.
So sorry to hear all the sad news. I really hope that things start looking sunnier soon.
I try to show the hardships of parenting to ensure that my readers know that it isn't all roses around here!! Thanks for sharing your heart...we'll be praying for your family.
Sarah
Just seeing those pics takes me back to few weeks ago, when you all surprised me, out of my mind, with the bunch of you, barging into the docs office, there in Kelowna! One of those memories that will last forever! Even my doc said, he'd not forget that Birthday surprise!
Ruth, thanks for those kind words! Did I ever suggest your doing journalism in your 'spare' time?
Your selec. of verses, are so appropriate, especially the one in Deuteronomy. With my feeling so good at present, makes me forget I'm part of the problem. Forsure that's as a result of all the prayers!
Just like that birthday surprize, God's got some bigger surprizes in store for you.
Blessings on you both!
Love, Dad L
Post a Comment