Monday, September 28, 2009

Bees!



Insects. Who would have thought you'd find bug photos on the Lepp's blog.



This summer, Ruth and I went home to Salmon Arm to spend some extra days in the Okanogan sun. To my pleasant surprise, my Uncle Larry has started a honeybee farm. I've always wanted to be a bee farmer. There's something fascinating about overseeing a colony of creatures, a city of citizens all carrying out their life's purpose under your management. Fascinating!



And we got a jar of fresh honey, and it's incredibly delicious. Thank you Larry and Marlyn!




The other activity that found the attention of my lens while we were home was the Interior Provincial Fair in Armstrong.

Ruth, who likes to ride tractors...





...and me and my Dad...




...who also likes to ride tractors...


..wandered around the crazy midway of a small town fair.



We enjoyed the famous mini donuts.

We found this crazy sight...

A traveling RV, driven by a crazy old guy that turns into a mini reptile/insect museum. Ruth warned me that I would have ended up like this without her.

Likely true.

Onto my favorite part of the fair, the livestock exhibits!






I was mostly attracted to the incredibly colorful fowl barn. I aim to one day buy a couple bantam chicken eggs and keep some chickens in my backyard. Not for the eggs, but so I can keep some crazy looking chickens.





We then headed back to the midway and ate some... chicken quesadillas. :( So tasty.



Thanks for the trip to the Fair Dad!



That's all for now. Here comes fall.

5 comments:

ruth said...

I think Royden needs a farm :)

Lynn said...

Chicken cluck is very relaxing to listen to. And they are fun to watch. Everyone needs a farm :) Love you!

Brenda Joy said...

Royden does need a farm :-) And Ruth needs a tractor :-)

Addie said...

You guys are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Royden, save a couple of pics there for me....the one of me standing in front of the old Oliver, and my sitting on the little Cat. When I was 9, I thought it was so huge, and between then and 13, I must have put 1000 hrs on that thing.
Fond memories.......Dad