
Some of you familiar with the Seattle area will recognize that I borrowed the name of Tom Douglas' famous pizza restaurant as the title for this post. The following will be all about pie...
I love to eat pie, and love to make pie. I would love for Tom to make ME pie. But he charges a lot. This we discovered after attempting a 'quick bite' at Lola last night. Awesome. Expensive. I'll be eating at home for the rest of the month, it's a good thing I like to cook.
These are the shoes Royden wishes I'd wear in the kitchen. Okay, okay. I probably don't OWN the shoes he wishes I'd wear...maybe these are the shoes I wish I could wear.With cooking and nursing comes standing. With standing, sore feet and varicose veins.
These are the lovelies I actually wear. My compression stockings were apparently shipped today. Not quite what Royden had in mind?

So my friend Sarah tagged me in a meme. I'm not exactly sure what a meme is but I think it's code for chain letter (ack!). I'll have to wiki it later ;) Anyway, she must have known I've had the cooking bug lately (there is much rejoicing in my home when this happens because it gets rarer and the fridge barer the more hours I work).
The idea of the meme is to take an ingredient from the Molasses Sugar Cookie recipe she posted and post my own recipe using that ingredient. So I picked Fig and Fennel Pizza using CINNAMON! I'll just post a link to the recipe since the foodies among you may appreciate that blog too: http://foodblogga.blogspot.com/2007/09/fresh-fig-and-fennel-pizza-and-best.html
The four fabulous cooks I've tagged are Aunty Lynn the African cook, my friend Addie whose home is easily one of my favorite places to eat, Brenda who may chose not to partcipate due to um...being due to deliver a bun in the oven and Lesley my favorite southern belle.
If I have tagged you...choose one ingredient from my recipe and post a recipe using this ingredient on your blog, linking back to the previous blogs that have posted a recipe. Then tag four new people, and we will see how it grows. To keep it exciting please post within a week of receiving the tag.
This is the only meme I have participated in, which means I get more excited over four potential recipes then 21 pairs of fancy underpants (some of you will remember that pyramid scheme). If you chose not to partcipate I will not be offended.

The pizza was pretty d.lish. However I would recommend using good quality gorgonzola. I have a dough making aversion so I just use Boboli for the crust.

In keeping with the pie theme I thought I'd post the latest tart I made. Pie, tart. Close enough
The grand finale of this lenghty post was to be a decadent pie made with these hand picked wild blackberries (that drew blood I might add). However, due to the above noted dough making aversion the berries are currently shivering in my freezer.

4 comments:
Ruth you crack me up :-) I love the picture of the shoes "Royden wishes you'd wear" hehehehe Awesome :-)
Oh man all of a sudden I am SO hungry. You brat!!
Luv u,
da mama
P.S. I have a new recipe for a pork roast in the crock pot using CINNAMON (what I like cinnamon too!) - but I might not get it blogged within a week...
Post a Comment