
Are you looking at life through a porthole? Are you remembering that there is a much bigger picture that stretches beyond what we see with our eyes. I always say that life is like looking at a painting that God painted and saying "This is an ugly mess! This couldn't have possibly been planned!" But in truth, we're standing with our nose pressed against the canvas, taking in a single brush stroke at a time. Not the best way to view art. One day we'll step back and see the whole masterpiece. One day we'll step out of the belly of the boat and look around.

And when we did that today we saw the rest of Gasworks park. Our friends Bill and Addie invited us to spend the better part of the afternoon on their parents boat with them. We floated around Lake union with the Bales family. The weather was a little cool, but it was still a lovely Sunday.



Our favorite shipmate...Ay! It's Caley. "Avast!" she shouts.


I need to put in a small disclaimer. Ruth is picking up the camera more and more these days, and I need to make sure everyone knows that many of the pictures are often taken by both of us. I'd feel guilty letting people think that I take all of them all the time. She took the view from the porthole shot, and obviously any picture of me.


Sailing hommies. Too cool for school. Thanks to the Bales and the Gerlach's! It was our personal way of celebrating the six week long project in our basement.
Speaking of which, I suppose you want to see pictures. Well the place is practically done. There are some rough edges here and there but we'll take care of those inbetween renters. Thanks to Eric who did 99% of everything you see. I learned alot while I watched. This was a very long, very taxing project, and I barely did any of it. Ruth and I are very glad that it's over.


God blesses us so much, and in so many ways. I can't wait to see the rest of the painting.
2 comments:
dang, thats a nice looking apartment! "Rent a room from R and R for a little R&R"!
Sailing on a Sunday... what could be better.
The basement suite looks great you guys.
Post a Comment